Friday, July 31, 2015

Thing 20: Email

When I tried to download the Acompli app on my phone, I noticed that it came up as Outlook. Sure enough, when I went to Acompli's website, it says that "Acompli is now Outlook." So I guess I will talk about Outlook instead! The one thing that I noticed right away when I opened Outlook is that I have access to all of my husband's files as well, which is nice. He stores things like bills, bank statements, and other boring but necessary documents in Outlook, so now I won't have to ask him to forward them to me when needed. I also connected all three of my email accounts onto the Outlook app, which I might like from time to time, but I generally like to keep my emails separate.

I have had CCPL Webmail set up on my device for many months. Since I only work part time, it is really nice to be able to check in and be able to respond to quick questions. Tech Services staff often have small questions about an item that I have ordered for the Children's Collection, and by answering right away, their work flow is not held up.

No comments:

Post a Comment