Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Thing 17: File Sharing and Cloud Storage

We have used Google Drive in the Children's Department for a couple of years now, and I really, really like having access to all of my documents wherever I am. I also have the app on my phone, but haven't used it very often in that format. I have tried to access our desk schedule through my phone, but I have found it to be cumbersome. After some trial and error, I learned that by giving the desk schedule a "Star", it rises to the top of the list of items in my Drive, making it easier for me to find.

I have just begun to explore storing and accessing my photos in the Drive. Up until fairly recently, I uploaded all of the photos off my phone onto my Shutterfly account, which also has a sharing feature. We just returned from a vacation with our neighbors, and I decided to share the photos we took in Google Drive this time.

I also looked into Dropbox for this Thing, but the reviews I read indicate that it has many of the same features as Google Drive. I think I'll just stick with Google Drive, as it is great to use just one login for photos, documents, calendars, etc.

Finally, I used the Google Drive app to share this photo from our trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment