Friday, July 24, 2015

Thing 14: Hoosier Helpers

VisitHC: What a wonderful app to know about! Since the Children's Reference Desk is often a new patron's first stop in our library, I will definitely keep this app in mind to recommend for more information about our community. The categories are laid out nicely with beautiful photographs, and there is a very full list of venues, parks, etc. For example, the "Eat" category alone has 18 sub-categories! A patron with a gluten-free diet is in luck - there is a HUGE list of restaurants they can visit. I am also very impressed that there is a "Locally Owned" category. In the "Explore" tab, I have found another huge list of places I want to check out in "Nature and Outdoors". I wonder if our new director knows about this app? (Not that she is going to have a ton of time to explore Hamilton County!)

Indiana DNR: This app also has beautiful graphics, and is a lot more fun to use than the clunky IN.gov website. My husband and son love to fish, and I will show them all of the fishing opportunities that are out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment