Friday, February 27, 2015

Thing 4: Social Reading

It was easy to decide which activity to try for this Thing.  I have used Pinterest for many months now - mostly for gathering ideas rather than storing them on my boards.  Most of my preschool storytime ideas come from Pinterest these days, especially crafts.  It seems that I can always find exactly what I need.  I think I need to start pinning more of the things I find though.  For me, this is much more useful than storing ideas in the network (in files) on my computer.  I prefer the more visual format in Pinterest.

One thing I really like about Pinterest is that when other people find interesting ideas for me, they can send me a note within Pinterest, and then I can easily transfer the idea to one of my boards.  For example, Jennifer H. has led me to some really fun knitting projects, such as this mandrake root:

Mandrake root
Doesn't every Harry Potter fan need one of these knitted up for them?

Back to Pinterest though.  I hadn't updated my profile picture for years and years, so I finally put in a new photo.  I also included some basic info for the "About Me" section.  I was happy to see that you could only use 160 characters so it was quick and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment