Friday, February 20, 2015

Thing 3: Utilities

I can see that I am going to like using the Key Ring app.  Downloading it was very easy to do, and thanks to the issues already brought to my attention by Holly and Christy on their blogs, I went right to the correct self-check stations to practice checking out materials from our library.  (Apparently not all of the self-check stations work well with this app.)

I also loaded my key tag numbers for LA Fitness and Kroger, the other two places that I frequently need to scan my bar codes.  Then I went to my Key Ring "dashboard" on my computer, and clicked on the "Weekly Sales" tab.  I really like this feature - all of the paper ads in the Sunday newspaper really drive me nuts.  I would love to be able to throw all of those ads right into the recycle bin.  (I do still like to read the print newpaper though.)

About the Weather app featured in "Thing 3" - I tried the Weather Kitty app that Katherine H. mentioned in her blog, and I am completely hooked.  I think everyone should have this app on their phone!  The kitties are adorable, and I like the format of the weather updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment