Friday, March 27, 2015

Thing 6:  Notes and Productivity

I used to have an iPhone, and really loved having Siri available.  However, when I switched to an android phone, I knew that I would miss Siri.  I didn't think to try a "voice to text" app until 23 Things came along!  I downloaded the Dragon Dictation app, but soon realized that that app doesn't work with the androids.  Katherine was super helpful me access the Dragon Mobile Assistant instead.
It took just a little experimenting to figure out how it will work for me, but I think this is something I will stick with and actually use.  I learned that Dragon doesn't like to "take notes", but is really good at listening to me remind myself to do something later and then sending it to me in a text, all without my having to type.  I also practiced dictating things to add to my calendar (also in an app on my phone), and asking Dragon to find places nearby, such as restaurants.

I don't love typing on my new android phone - I think my hands are too small.  So I will continue to use Dragon.  Also, Katherine says that it will get more used to my voice as I use it more, and like anything else, practice makes perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment