Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Thing 16: Presentations

I have worked with PowerPoint for many years, and have even shown students how to create slide shows during some of my school-age technology programs here at CCPL. It is nice to know that the app is available on mobile devices too. The one thing I really don't like about PowerPoint is its tendency to turn presenters into "PowerPoint Slide Readers" - something I try really hard NOT to do as a presenter!

I am working with a couple of other members of the Children's Staff on a presentation for the CYPD Conference coming up at the end of August. We explored the possibility of using PowerPoint, or maybe Prezi, but finally chose Haiku Deck as our presentation tool. Since we are working as a team, we were planning to all export our slides onto Elizabeth's presentation, which apparently was working in the past couple of weeks. However, now it seems that we cannot export without paying for the "Pro" upgrade. The GoogleSlides look like they might be a nice option for our "sharing" purposes, but it's probably too late in the game to make the switch.

I really like the professional look of the Haiku Deck slides, but I wish it doesn't auto-save quite so quickly. And I tried editing and adding slides to my presentation using the app on my phone, but didn't find it nearly as easy as just working on my laptop,

Here is my presentation so far:
Take Me There!


No comments:

Post a Comment